Practices that fulfill our mission:
1. We provide a facility in Eugene, Oregon, which is complete and attracts people from around the world for the exploration and continuation towards their journey to mindfulness, the cultivation of emotional balance and spiritual well‐being. The beautiful tranquil outdoor and indoor spaces for visitors create an inspiring sanctuary for peace, compassion and wisdom.
2. We sponsor an array of excellent resident and visiting faculty members who participate enthusiastically in the fulfillment of the Center’s vision and mission, including Tibetan teachers, university scholars, religious leaders and health and wellness experts. Renowned scholars and leaders in the fields of compassion, peace, psychology, neuroscience, mental health, philosophy, medicine, ecology and spirituality present seminars and workshops focusing on the cultivation of human values and genuine happiness.
3. We conduct comprehensive educational programs at the Center focusing on educating the heart and mind, promoting human values and interconnectedness. Courses and events include the arts, health and well-being, logic and reasoning, communication and direct insight.
4. We promote inter-religious dialogue that contributes to greater harmony and mutual respect of diverse religious traditions.
5. We sponsor compassionate activities and service where there is a need, for example humanitarian aid for Tibetan refugees and other areas of concern in the world.
6. We work to preserve the Tibetan Buddhist culture, a culture of peace and non‐violence.
7. Our activities heighten mindfulness throughout many segments of society, including individuals and families, students, children and adults, athletes and sports coaches, politicians and business people.
8. Generous supporters fully fund the facility and site development and the initial operational budgets for years one and two. Ongoing contributions, class fees, memberships and facility rental fees sustain ongoing programming and operations in later years. An endowment is growing to provide funding for future growth opportunities.